There are many challenges ahead for the energy industry, so a vital part of our job at Electricity North West is planning for tomorrow. We're always developing new ways to adapt to the changing world and deliver a brighter, more sustainable future.
We have an opportunity for a Trainee Electrical Fitter to join our team in Carlisle to undertake all aspects of work on electrical substations across our North Lakes area.
Electricity North West maintenance teams are responsible for the inspection and maintenance of 11kV and low voltage distribution equipment within substations across the North West.
As a Trainee Electrical Fitter, we will support you to develop your skills and gain the relevant authorisations required to become a successful Electrical Fitter.
Our Electrical Fitters carry out on site maintenance, fault finding, repairs and modifications to switchgear, transformers and associated equipment within our substations in a safe and efficient manner.
Take a look at one of our fitting teams performing routine maintenance in Leyland, Lancashire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk9NZsbxpPY
As the successful candidate you will:
- Have proven fitting craft skills;
- Have proven electrical industry experience (essential);
- Hold a City & Guilds Level 2 or equivalent qualification in an electrical field;
- Hold operational authorisations enabling you to act as a competent person at the level required for the role;
- Have proven experience of working on electrical distribution equipment;
- Have experience working with high voltage electrical system components, plant and equipment;
- Hold a valid, full UK driving licence (essential) with categories B +E (desirable);
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe working practices and risk assessment procedures;
- Have a good understanding of health and safety legislation and how it relates to personal responsibilities;
- Be an excellent communicator with a customer focused approach;
- Be an effective team player;
- Be focused on productivity and high standards of performance.
£24,965.40 per annum
Appointment to this role will be on Electricity North West JNC terms and conditions of employment.
As a business we are committed to continually developing our people. If you are an internal candidate have you thought about a lateral move? This role is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your current skill set and will support you in building your knowledge and experience of the business, as well as supporting your future career progression.
The closing date for submission of an application is 6 December 2019 however we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
If successful following interview, the start date for this role will be Monday 3 February 2020.
As part of the Recruitment & Selection process Electricity North West carries out pre-employment screening to aid in the assessment and overall suitability of an individual to perform a role. If offered a conditional offer of employment you will be required to provide us with additional information to allow us to perform checks in line with our policy.
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.