Welsh Waters trainee programmes are a great way to learn more about the fundamental roles within the industry. Process Operators manage the day to day operation of several of our wastewater treatment works within a defined geographic area.
What to expect
During your eighteen-month trainee programme, you will attend Welsh Waters accredited competency programme covering topics including wastewater treatment processes, quality, health and safety, and also the knowledge and skills you gain will be practised in the workplace, under the expert guidance of your buddy.
Working closely with your experienced buddy, well teach you how to:
- Operate and maintain our wastewater treatment works
- Undertake site safety inspections
- Attend to faults identified by our telemetry alarm system
- Periodically inspect and maintain our pumping stations
- Control stock levels of required chemicals required in the wastewater treatment process
As well as the on-the-job skills that you will gain while working with passionate and experienced colleagues, you will develop your confidence, organisation and problem solving abilities.
What do we need?
As well as an individual who really believes in Welsh Waters mission and values, you will be a person who possesses a flair for problem solving and is passionate about planning for the effective running of a site. You will be organised, be able to communicate effectively, have a keen eye for detail and able to work to deadlines.
As well as the above;
- You will need English and Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, or equivalent.
- You need to be available to start with us on 7 September 2020
- Applying for our trainee programme is like applying for a job so you will have to go through our application process.
Applications close at 11:55pm, on Friday 14 February 2020