Treasury Reporting Manager
Based in Coventry
Competitive salary + 15% annual bonus + benefits
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of a really exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK. That’s half the UK, Not bad going really.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in!
About The Role
Treasury and debt management is an integral part of Cadent`s operation and high profile within the organisation.
As our Treasury Reporting Manager you`ll ensure all statutory and regulatory reporting relating to the Treasury operations is delivered and that a robust control environment is maintained. You`ll also support the Cadent Leadership team by providing prompt, accurate and relevant treasury information to enable effective decision making.
Key accountabilities of the Treasury Reporting Manager will include:
• Providing a comprehensive Treasury Reporting service. This includes delivery of internal and external reporting in respect of treasury operations for the statutory accounts, regulatory accounts and other external outputs including covenant reporting
• Maintaining a close relationship with Treasury front end operations and Treasury back office through regular meetings understanding the activity and liaising on treasury related initiatives, including advising on implications on reporting and disclosures as required under GAAP
• Performing a strategic review of the functionality of the Reval system and consider whether fit for purpose for Cadent Gas
• Redesigning treasury reporting processes with a focus on efficient and effective processes with minimal manual intervention
• Assisting the high-quality documenting of end-to-end processes and controls ensuring that governance and internal financial control over processes are robust
• Providing technical financial accounting advice and guidance for Treasury. Maintain accounting policies and manuals and provide expert treasury accounting advice to ensure compliance and maximum value.
• Proactively contributing to the development of a highly motivated, innovative and customer focused Financial Reporting team. The individual will gain exposure and build their knowledge in financial reporting and regulatory reporting whilst developing others with training on treasury accounting
• As appropriate, supporting the delivery of change across Finance and the business, embracing new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
• Supporting treasury analysis for Tax Dept., for inclusion in the annual company tax returns submitted to HMRC.
You’ll possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Qualified accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
• AMCT qualified / extensive treasury accounting experience
• Extensive experience of accounting for a large debt portfolio
• Familiarity with hedge accounting for cross currency swaps
• Experience of running a month end process
• Experience of preparing treasury related disclosures for statutory accounts
• Experience of Reval (TMS)
• Experience of budgeting/forecasting
• Process improvement experience
• Experience of hedge accounting under IFRS 9
• Understanding of index linked debt/ swaps
• Knowledge of utilities companies
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Join us and help shape the future of gas for generations to come.