South West Water now have an exciting opportunity as a Water Quality Technician based in Plymouth.
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
What will you be doing?
The Water Quality Technician will provide sampling activities and on-site analysis to meet the requirements of the Company and the Regulators. You’ll assist the Scientists in the investigation of breaches of regulatory standards, and in the resolution of customer enquiries relating to water quality.
The Water Quality Technician will be responsible for the effective planning and delivery of sampling, monitoring and customer support activities and undertake service reservoir security checks and booster chlorination activities as required.
What do you need?
- Ability to follow procedures to the exacting standards demanded by the Regulator and business
- A good geographical knowledge of the South West
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to keep accurate records
- Logical approach to tasks and the confidence to use initiative
- Ability to work alone whilst keeping team members informed
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to act with tact and diplomacy
- Full UK Driving License
What can South West Water do for you?
In return for your hard work as our Water Quality Technician, we can offer a starting salary of £17,364 - £21,585 per annum dependent on skills and experience + a working arrangements supplement. We also offer a progression scheme and a range of benefits.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as our Water Quality Technician, click apply today.