Are you an experiencedHydrologist looking for a new challenge within one of the South West’s leading employers?
South West Water provides reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We are now seeking a Water Resources Hydrologist to join our Water Resources Team based in Exeter.
What will you be doing?
The Water Resources Hydrologist will act as a hydrology specialist within the Water Resources Team supporting the Water Resources Manager as well as others. You will provide specialist hydrological expertise to support the company to meet its regulatory obligations with respect to water abstraction compliance and water resources planning.
The Water Resources Hydrologist will be responsible for the maintenance and development of hydrological models as well as supporting day to day operational activities where surface water is abstracted. Additionally, you will support development of the next Drought Plan and Water Resources Management Plan.
What do you need?
- Experience of using hydrological modelling tools e.g. Low Flows Enterprise, HySIM and CatchMod
- Knowledge of UK hydrology
- Educated to degree level in a numerate or environmental discipline
- Postgraduate qualification (MSc or PhD) in an appropriate science
- A sound understanding of hydrometric data collection, interpretation and analysis
- An ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas to non-experts
- High proficiency in Excel and other MS Office tools
- Keen to undertake practical hydrological investigations on existing sources and as part of new resource developments
- Possess a full driving licence
What can South West Water offer you?
In return for your hard work as our Water Resources Hydrologist, we can offer a competitive salary of up to £37,000 per annum. We also offer a range of excellent benefits, working within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as our Water Resources Hydrologist, click apply.